Upgraded to the newer macOS and Music app doesn’t show playlist or songs? Not a big deal, let’s show you how to migrate your old iTunes library to Music App.
- Hold down the OPTION key while opening the MUSIC app.
- A dialog box will appear, pick the option “Choose Library”.
- Navigate to your ITL file (not XML) for the old iTunes database you want to import and double click it.
- The MUSIC app will then ask you to SAVE this as a new Music Library.
- Give it a different name than your other library(s).
- Pick a location.
Once that is done, you still have one final step – to change THE DEFAULT DIRECTORY OF YOUR ACTUAL MUSIC FILES.
- Go to MUSIC preferences, select Files directory, and change it to where your actual audio files are.
- MUSIC app will then ask you to organize, click YES (it may take few hours depending on iTunes database size.
Hope this article helped you resolve Music app not showing your songs problem.